KES is a PEANUT AND TREE NUT AWARE Environment
Please do not send snacks or other food items to school that contain peanut and other nut products.
- Read food labels and learn how to identify allergen ingredients. If you are unsure about a product, choose something else. For information on the many common names that identify allergen ingredients on food labels, refer to the Health Canada Fact Sheets
- Encourage your child to wash their hands with soap and water before eating, and wash their hands and rinse their mouth after eating (including breakfast and snacks).
- Teach your child not to share his/her food, drink or utensils with classmates.
- Encourage your child to help clean his/her eating area after meal and snacks.
- Donating food for social and fundraising events? Check with our office first to make sure all ingredients in foods are clearly labelled including home made items.